Skip to main content

YOP: Week 25

     I haven't accomplished much this week.  I was sent home from work Monday and didn't go to my second job Tuesday because of the pesky cold.  But rest and lots of cough medicine is what I needed.  

    I ripped back on the mitten I had started.  I decided to use the cuff even though it was two stitches larger than the cuff called for in the new pattern I'm using.  I simply decreased stitches on my first plain round.  I finished that mitten except for the thumb.  The pattern is Hollyhock Mittens and its free.  Its a pretty simple pattern and I like it.  I'm using Malabrigo Rios.  I'm meeting gauge for the pattern, but I like my mitten fabric a bit more dense than this, so if I ever knit this pattern again, I'll probably go down a needle size or two and knit a larger size.  



    I finished the dishcloth I started two weeks ago.  It was just a quick round Petal Dishcloth.  I have the pattern memorized at this point.  I'm using some of my original Peaches and Creme yarn.  I sold quite a few dishcloths at work a few weeks ago so I need to replenish my absurdly large stash.



    It's the end of Year of Projects for everyone else who follows the original schedule.  For me its mid-year.  I can't believe this year is half over already.  I took a quick look at what I've accomplished since January.  Minus the two projects I highlighted above as I didn't have pictures of those yet.



    Speaking of accomplishments.  Ronon graduated from Pre-K on Friday.  The school had a nice celebration that parents were able to attend.  This coming week is the last few days of school for both the kiddos.   


That's it from me.  Until later.

-Q


   

Comments

  1. Congrats on the promotion. Will he be attending kindergarten in August? Lovely color on the mitts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he'll be going to Kindergarten when school starts back up in September. Liara will be in 4th grade.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your schools go late. Ours were out at Memorial Day. Don't even get me started on how absurd it is to send kids to school in unairconditioned buildings in mid-August while letting them out the end of May. Love your mitten pattern and the dishcloth pattern. I can definitely see that pattern selling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon. I love the colour of your mittens. I always thought that children in America started their summer holidays at the beginning of June. I certainly got that one wrong. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other areas of the country start in August and end at the very beginning of June. In my area it's been September to mid June since my parents were kids. I don't know if it's because we're rural and used to be mostly farms.

      Delete
  4. For being halfway through the year, you have accomplished quite a bit. Hopefully that pesky cold heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...