Skip to main content

YOP: Week 3

    I started a new project on Monday.  I've been working on Unicorn Cowl by Casapinka this week.  I'm using Cloudborn Fibers Alpaca Sport as my base yarn and Passion Yarns sock minis for the contrast colors.  I got the Passion Yarns when I attended the CNY Fiber Fest back in 2023.  The pattern calls for 7 contrast colors but I decided to use only the minis I had and not any other left overs.  I didn't think I had anything else bright enough to go with these, so I'm modifying the pattern to account for three contrast colors instead of seven.  I also went down a needle size to compensate for the Alpaca Sport being sport weight instead of DK that the pattern called for.  So far I'm very happy with the way its coming out.  It's a nice simple pattern repeat and I like the way the colors are playing together.  So far the most tedious part of the pattern was casting on 300 stitches.  Even doing five rows of the contrast takes very little yarn.  I'll have quite a bit from these minis left over to do other projects with.  


    I've signed up for the Project Bag swap and I ordered a few fabrics for my assigned swapee.  I went a little overboard because she likes some things that I also like and I'll use this fabric too.  All but one print was at my local Joann's so I picked them up Friday.  The other print will be shipped.  More on this swap later.  I'm hoping to get some sewing done later today perhaps.  I had plans to get some things done yesterday but I'm still not back to 100%.  We ate breakfast at our favorite diner and my stomach was off for the rest of the day.  (I'm pretty convinced it was me and not the food.)  My appetite has been very off for these last two weeks.  Alright back to this cowl and hibernating.  We got some snow yesterday and we're expected to get a storm this week.  The last few storms have been so over exaggerated I don't really put faith in the weather predictions any more.  Until later, happy crafting.

-Q  

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. The cowl is lovely. Can't wait to hear more about the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. A project bag swap sounds like fun. My sewing skills aren't that great yet to even gift something sewn yet. The cowl is lovely so far. I love a slip stitch pattern as they seem to go so fast. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl looks great so far. I have a sweater on my list that I think uses a similar color work. I too hope to use minis for the color work. Alpaca sport sounds luchious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, 300 stitches to cast on! That is quite a task. But the cowl is beautiful. A project bag swap sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...