Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 38

    Not too much excitement here other than knitting for Malabrigo March.  The weather has been pretty dismal.  It's back in the 30s and snowing this week.  We're supposed to get a couple inches over night tonight... so I haven't been taking pictures of my progress very well.  I just took a few in overcast dismal light, but they're better than terrible lamp light when its completely dark outside, so here's what I've got so far:  I finished the Mandy Cowl a bit ago.  This still isn't blocked because of the whole yarn bleeding suspicion.  I want to pick up some color catchers first.  Realistically, it doesn't even need blocking, so I may just stream it and make the bleeding thing a future me problem.  I've tried it on too.  Its soft and squishy and the right length to sit inside my jacket and keep my neck warm.


I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I did one extra lace repeat to use up as much yarn as possible.

After this was finished I worked quite steadily on Killer Queen Cowl.  This is a really fun knit.  I've enjoyed it thus far.  I'm already thinking of color combos for another one... or more.


I'm using Cucumber and Piedras.  I think its a pretty combo, but I want a more blue and purple one for myself, I think.  I have a friend in mind to pass this on to once its done.  I had a little too much help taking pictures.  I didn't even get everything in this shot because I was focused on Jangles and Ronon, who was also helping.


Malabrigo March is about casting on 'All the Things', so I've set this aside for now.  (Plus I'm running out of Cucumber and need to get more.)  I started Holden on the 13th.  I had the original free version of the pattern in my library from the first time I knit this shawl 10 years ago.  I'm going to do more lace repeats to make this bigger.  I'm doing it in Plomo and Aguas.  The Plomo was left over from my Find Your Fade and the Aguas was purchased at the same time as the yarn I used from the first one, back in ahem, 2014.  I'm using beads that I stockpiled back when AC More went out of business.  I looked at my notes from that first Holden and am purposely using the same needles as well.  All this nostalgia is for a reason.  I completed the first one the morning of our 10th anniversary, so I thought it fitting to make another one this year to celebrate our upcoming 20th anniversary.  


A close up of the beads.  I've already run myself out of the green mix I was using.


I wish I would have changed the SKP to SSKs as I really don't like the way they look, but I've already done two repeats of the lace pattern and I'm not ripping that back out.  I'm sure everything will even out when I block in anyway.  That's about it for me this week.  I'll probably be putting this aside soon to start my next projected project.  I have a fingerless mitt pattern picked out for the Arroyo I have in Purpuras.  Until later.  Happy Crafting.

-Q

 

Comments

  1. I love all these malabrigo projects. Given how much this yarn grows when blocking I wouldn’t wet block the cowl as you say it fits nice now. In my experience ordering a colour later on for a project can be massively different shade so good luck finding a cucumber skein that is a close match. My friend and I knit jumpers in the same yarn colour of Rios and they are totally different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The beads look great. You are inspiring me. I've never added beads but they really do add an elegance. 3 pairs of socks in 3 months! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...