Skip to main content

Melted the Cube Again and Other News...

     I'm going to be difficult and start with other news.  I finished the mittens!!!!!!  Those poor cursed Baby Llama Hermione Mittens.  I should have informed you all sooner as I finished them back on June 1st but Nerd Wars had just started and I had other things on my mind.  I need to block them yet, once I figure out how to do that, and then get some better pictures.  Here is the photographic proof that they're done.
     The eyelet section just rolls under the stockinette on both sides.  They are quite cute once on, I just cant wear them and get a decent picture at the same time.  I'm just very happy that they're finished and nestled together in my "needs blocking" pile.  I still have nearly a whole skein of the Baby Llama left over to do something fun with too.

     So I've melted the cube again.  My last project was Giving Geeks.  Heres the outline of the challenge:  In many parts of the world, Father’s Day will be celebrated in June or was recently celebrated in May. It is in honor of fathers and all men everywhere that we are challenging you this month to do something to make a positive difference in the life of a man or group of men. We would like to encourage you to think about those men who could REALLY use some kindness. This includes, but is not limited to men in shelters, men dealing with a serious health problem, and men in nursing homes.
We will not accept donations to a friend or family member just because you wanted to make something for one of them. You can craft something for a male friend or family member or do something for one of them IF he is seriously in need of some love from you. We also will not accept a submission made for a male pet or a child.
Giving Geeks challenges are focused on the donation, whether it be an object you have made, your time, or monetary or other resources. Your submission must include proof of your donation (in some form -- examples of acceptable proof are included in Post 3).

My Submission Post
     I made 6 washcloths for Warmth for Warriors.  In the summer months this organization requests washcloths to be sent to our armed forces.  I sent a seventh one with this batch, another blue one, that I made a while ago.  I just sent out the package today before work.  This was quite gratifying and I hope the guys who get these enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.      I have reached the halfway point with my dissertation too.  On the 21st I finished my first sock.  I am quite excited.  Turning a heel is way cooler than I thought it would be.  It was tricky, in that, I had to just trust the pattern and do what it said.  I've invisioned in my mind how heels on socks work but I was totally wrong.  I dont have accessable pictures of the finished sock yet.  (I took cell phone pictures...)  I will need to get good pictures next round when we get points for our half way check-in.  Today is the last day of R1.  I'm looking forward to R2, I have a few things I really want to get done.  Currently I'm not knitting as I have a pinched nerve or something in my shoulder, I've actually missed work because of it.  I really hate to live on pain meds but thats what I've had to do all week.  On the upside our mini-vacation is next week, I just have to get through tomorrow.  The upside of not knitting is that I'm almost done with the book I've been reading for the last two years.  (It was the book I was reading when I took up knitting.  I just sort of stopped completly.)  Funny thing actually, it's "A Singular Destiny"  by Keith R A DeCandido and I found a Stargate reference in it.  Its a Star Trek book, I nearly peed myself in the dentists office laughing so hard.  Yes, I got funny looks.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Rope Stitch Dishcloth
Tricolour Dishcloth
Hermione Mittens

The patterns mentioned for your knitting pleasure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...